POOL &/OR SPA OPENING- WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US
• Fold safety cover and place in bag. Or for Loc-Ins, set in container with solution and leave out for homeowner to add water and store. (YOU MUST ADD WATER TO LIC/BARREL OR COVER WILL BECOME BRITTLE. If cover has aged or become brittle, it will no longer fit in the barrel. Please contact us over the summer to order a new cover.
• Re-install all standard equipment, ladders, safety line, filter plug, filter parts and chlorinator.
• Light heater pilot light on gas heaters, if applicable. (We do not leave heaters running)
• Start circulating system if water level permits. *Return trip fee may apply if water not up to operational level.
• Test and treat water as needed. If you would like us to use your chemicals, please notify the office so we can mark it on your service ticket. If we provide the chemicals, you will be billed. Depending on water temperature we may not add stabilizer.
POOL &/OR SPA OPENING- WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
• Our service does not consist of any pool vacuuming or cleaning including but not limited to the pool itself, filter cartridges, &/or covers.
• Unless the customer is present - we do not enter any buildings to store or retrieve pool equipment. Please have everything out by the pool in plain sight.
• We do not service any wood stoves or solar systems.
• Extensive anchor repairs. However, the return trip fee is waived for this service.
POOL &/OR SPA OPENING- WHAT IS EXPECTED OF THE CUSTOMER
• If you have a Loc-In Cover, we will add cover cleaner to the container, and leave out for you to relocate into your preferred summer storage. Please remember to fill container with water. Leaving it dry will cause the cover to shrink and become brittle. Aquarius is not responsible for covers becoming dry, brittle, or cracked.
• Drain the water off the cover AND remove leaves. Have pool area cleared of furniture, planters, etc. for access to pool and anchors.
• If you have a solid cover, add/raise water to pool up to operational level. (Mid-way of skimmer)
• Leave out all parts removed at closing. For safety cover owners, you do NOT need to leave out your cover pole.
• Any cover or anchor repairs will be billed to the pool owner. If several need repair, we will reschedule for those for another day but waive the service call.
• Any solid cover left full of water, will incur an extra service charge per hour of pumping time.
• Please inform us ahead of time if you wish us to use from your chemical supply and have them out by the pool.
• For Salt pools, customer will want to test and add stabilizer once the pool has circulated completely and above 65 degrees.
• For cartridge filters, we recommend soaking/cleaning your cartridges over the winter, prior to opening.
• To guarantee your preferred week, we MUST have the agreement AND payment by the deadline. No opening will be scheduled until both have been received and account has a zero balance. Past due accounts will not get prepay discount.
2021 OPEN &/OR CLOSING AGREEMENT
POOL &/OR SPA CLOSING- WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US
• Remove standard equipment, ladders, handrails, and pump, filter, and heater plugs.
• Blow all water out from lines and then plug them. If plugs or gizzmo's need replacing, we will replace and bill accordingly.
• Chemically treat water. If owner's supply is insufficient or not poolside, Aquarius Pools will supply the chemicals and bill the pool owner accordingly.
• Drain and winterize pump, filter, and heater. (Wood stoves and solar systems excluded)
• Install pool cover. Some LOC-IN covers may have shrunk or become brittle to a point that requires replacement. We will advise accordingly.
• Occasionally anchors for safety covers are stripped or require replacing. If it is extensive, we will advise the customer a second trip is needed. Return trip fees are waived for this service.
POOL &/OR SPA CLOSING- WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
• Winterizing of wood stoves &/or Solar systems.
• Unless the customer is present - we do not enter any buildings to store or retrieve pool equipment.
• Due to the volume of pool closings, no cleaning of any sort can be done at the time of closing. Please have pool clean & water balanced prior to our arrival.
• We will not be held responsible for water drained onto neighbors’ properties.
POOL &/OR SPA CLOSING- WHAT IS EXPECTED OF THE CUSTOMER
• Drain the pool down three inches below the bottom skimmer face plate PRIOR to our arrival. **The exclusion to this would be if you have an automatic cover, aqua-doors, or any concrete pool. Have pool area cleared of furniture, planters, etc. If pool is not drained down to the proper level, we will install a skimmer plug, charged to the owner. If that is not applicable you will be billed for time, we spend waiting on pool to drain.
• Have water balanced prior to our arrival. We will test and treat as needed, but it is always better for the pool to have that done in advance.
• Cover, winterizing plugs, and any chemicals you wish us to use, should be left out in plain sight, POOLSIDE. For safety cover owners, you do NOT need to leave out your cover pole.
• For cartridge filters, we recommend soaking/cleaning your filter cartridges over the winter, prior to opening.
• To guarantee your preferred week, we MUST have the agreement AND payment by the deadline. If you sent the agreement in the spring, you do not need to send again. If you did not choose a week in the spring, please send your choice with your closing payment. No closing will be scheduled until payment has been received. Past due accounts will not get prepay discount.
BILLING QUESTIONS FOR BOTH POOL &/OR SPA OPENING AND CLOSING
• There is a $20.00 charge for each county line we cross.
• $35.00 Return fee for each time we must come back due to homeowner not prepared.
• There will be an extra charge to open and/or close a SPA. SPA'S must be opened or closed at the same time as the pool to get the discounted rate.
• If the pool is not drained sufficiently at the time of our arrival (closing) any extra time to drain &/or skimmer plug cost will be billed to the customer.
• If you are using more than one cover, an additional charge will apply per each extra cover.
• Automatic Cover pools or pools with no cover, we allow a $50 credit. *Only applies if time on job is less than an hour. If kept there longer, the credit will be billed back to customer.